"the whole multitude of his disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen, saying "Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!"
This week's lesson can be summed up in two words: PRAISE JESUS!
He is our King, and He deserves to be praised.
Instead of having a layout of one activity each day of the week, I encourage you to pick and choose those activities that will best fit your child/children for this Palm Sunday. I hope to have a Good Friday lesson and Easter Sunday lesson ready as well, check back later.
To God be the Glory!
Praying for your safety.
Your sister in Christ,
Great for ages 6-11
Wonderful narrated book for the young and old.
So this one is just cute and funny. I would love for it to inspire you to act out the story with your kids, regardless of their age. By the way, parents make great donkey's to ride on...just sayin'!
You can read about Palm Sunday in Matthew 21:1-11, Mark 11:1-11, Luke 19:28-44, and John 12:12-19
What do you recall?
1. What did Jesus say his disciples would find in the village? (Donkey and her colt.)
2. How did the disciples prepare the donkey for Jesus? (They laid their cloaks or clothes on them.)
3. What did the crowds spread on the road before Jesus? (Some laid cloaks, others branches.)
4. What did the people shout? Why did they do this? (They shouted Hosanna, Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord! because they were full of joy.)
5. If you were among the crowds, how would you have shown your joy when you saw Jesus?
6. Why do you think Jesus was riding on a donkey? Why not a horse? (To show humility.)
Are you challenging yourself to continue learning God's Word?
Take on a memory verse each week and check out the verse challenge today.