Wherever You Are
And the Lord said to Paul one night in a vision, "Do not be afraid, but go on speaking and do not be silent,"
Let's take a moment to pray together.
Worship in song.
Check out the Lesson Introduction video.
We know that you have commanded us to go and tell others about your son Jesus. Teach us how to do that wherever we go. Thank you for your Word which reminds us of how much you love people and how we should love others like You do.
1. Hang out with
Mrs. Guilmette as you work on this
week's verse, Acts 18:9.
2. There are many verses in the Bible that tell us not to be afraid. I challenge you to print off this coloring page link below, and write this week's verse somewhere creatively. See mine here as an example, it was fun! Hillside kids send Mrs. Flint or myself your picture either by text or email. We'd love to see them!
3. Final episode.
"In Depth with Dirk Dirkson"
With special guest: Paul of Tarsus
Weekly main lesson with Mrs. Flint.
Discuss and answer the questions after watching the lesson.
Choice of two lesson activity pages, or do both!
1. Where did Paul leave from, and where did he travel to? From Athens to Corinth
2. Who did Paul stay with and work with as a tentmaker? Priscilla and Aquila
3. What did Paul do while he was working as a tentmaker? Talked to people about Jesus
4. What happened when he tried to talk to the Jews about Jesus? They became abusive and angry towards him.
5. Who did Paul go to tell about Jesus after the Jews rejected him? The Gentiles (people who were not Jewish)
6. How did the Lord encourage Paul? He came to him in a vision and told him to not be afraid, to not be silent and to keep on speaking
7. Do missionaries have to travel all over the world to be missionaries? No! We can be missionaries wherever we are!
1. Grab your own Bibles,
or here is a link to read this week's Bible reading in Acts. Read together
as a family.
2. Fun video from Saddleback Kids.
3. If you have been
with us for the other lessons, you
should have Matthew 28:19-20 memorized. Check out this extension activity that pertains
to The Great Commission.
The next time you plan a vacation or a family trip, research service opportunities in the areas where you are going. Consider setting aside a portion of your away time in service to others in Jesus name. Ask Jesus to give you opportunities to share the Good News to others. Show your family that it is possible to share Jesus wherever you are and wherever you go.
Missionary Story with Mrs. Guilmette.
Can you answer the questions below from the Missionary Story?
Watch "Love and Tell" video.
1.How much money did little Laura have in her bank? $1.03
2. What did she want to do with her money? Buy Bibles for children who didn’t have any.
3. How much did Laura’s brother Timmy give? Two dollars.
4. How much did Peter give? Five dollars.
5. How much did Sharon give? Ten dollars.
6. What did Mom and Dad do? Added more money to the envelope.
7. How much money did Laura’s one dollar grow into? 100 dollars!